Tuesday 4 March 2014

February Wrap Up

February was definitely a busy month for me. With a lot going on it’s almost hard to sum up everything.

I turned 21! I officially became an adult and celebrated it with family and friends. My 21st was easily the best birthday I’ve had. I’m so glad that I had all my family with me for the day. I was spoiled rotten by everyone and just cannot believe how lucky I am to have all these people in my life that love and care about me.



New baby cousin. After months of being on bump watch my aunt finally gave birth to a healthy beautiful baby girl. I’m yet to meet her but hopefully I’ll get to have cuddles with the new member of the family.

Dissertation draft. Cutting it fine, I handed in the first draft of my dissertation. After 4 months of working in the lab and one poster presentation I finally began to write out my report. I’m hoping my supervisor will find at least some good points in it. 4000 and odd words written out of a maximum 7 500, so I may need to add some extra stuff to it.

New York! After months of looking into it, New York has been booked. Sai and I will be bringing in 2015 in the Big Apple. We’re starting to look into the different things we can do whilst we are out there. If anyone lives there or has visited please drop us some tips as we would love to know what no to miss out there.

Image from Google Images

Reading took a bit of a backseat this month as I’ve been attempting to get my dissertation done and out the way so I apologise for the very short lists.

Finished:

·      Every Day by David Levithan.
·      Stravaganza: City of Masks by Mary Hoffman.
·      Frostbite by Richelle Mead.

Currently reading:

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. Set in the future, the world is in crisis and everyone escapes by logging into a virtual reality called ‘The OASIS’. When the creator of the game dies a video is released informing everyone that whoever can solve the puzzles and throughout the game will inherit his fortune. The catch? James Halliday, the creator, was obsessed with the 80’s. This book takes us on a journey through 80’s nostalgia and the need to beat the game.

Rivers of London by Ben Aaranovitch. The first book in the series. A murder occurs in London and the Met police are all over it, or at least anyone deemed worthy. PC Peter Grant doesn’t seem to have what the police force is looking for to be part of the murder team. However he does seem to have something about him, a sense of the paranormal. Peter Grant is about to learn that there is more to London than he thought there was.

According to Goodreads I have read 9/50 books so far so I’m ahead of schedule.


Hope you all had a good month!


No comments: