Friday 4 July 2014

June Wrap Up

Hello everyone. There was no May wrap up from me because it was entirely taken up by exams, but here I am for June. Things have been changing in my life so it's about time I gave you guys an update.

Examination season. My exams ran all through May and into June. It was definitely a stressful time, especially with it being the last set of formal exams that I will have to sit. I finished them off by the first week of June. The relief that settled my whole course when we finished was unbelievable. It was nice to just sit in the student union bar and not discuss revision and past paper questions.

What do you expect. I spent nineteen days in utter agony waiting for my results. During this wait I had a meeting with the external examiners. It was weird to think I was talking to people who had seen my answers and who knew what my results were. On the other hand it was nice to be able to give feedback about my course, lecturers and the university in general.

I'm graduating! I received my results at about 1 in the morning. I will officially be graduation with a 2:1 BSc in Medical Genetics. I am absolutely ecstatic to know that three years worth of work at university paid off and I'm now looking forward to the next part of my life. I'm hoping to go on and do a Masters or a PhD so there will be a lot of applications in my life.

Beach bum. So with the rest of the summer ahead of me, I don't have many plans yet. Mostly my days have involved heading down to the beach and spending time with friends and family. It's nice to be worry free and I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the summer is going to contain.

Finished:

  • We Were Liars - E. Lockhart
  • Soulmates - Holly Bourne
  • The Ocean At The End Of The Lane - Neil Gaiman
  • The Statistical Probability Of Love At First Sight - Jennifer E. Smith
  • Trouble - Non Pratt
Currently reading:

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. I've picked this book up a number of times but just never seem to finish it because something has cropped up. So, with my timetable completely free I am going to finish this book!

According to Goodreads I have read 23 out of 50 and am behind by one book. I am really hoping to be ahead by the end of next month.

Hope you all had a good June!

No comments: