Saturday 14 December 2013

Christmas Tag 2013


Do you prefer a real Christmas tree or synthetic?
We’ve never had a real Christmas tree. We’ve had a number of synthetic ones over the years that have been a range of different colours. The current one is black. But I really would like a real one. I don’t think anything could beat the smell and the look of a real tree.

You're in a coffee shop, it's December, what do you pick?
Either a hazelnut or peppermint hot chocolate.

Whats your favourite colour scheme for decorating the tree?
Silver and blue! I love the icy colours. I’m not fussed on gold or red. Some people make it look really nice but every time I try it just looks disasterous.

Giving or receiving presents?
Giving. I am terrible for buying people presents.  I always go overboard and have a tendency to spoil my little sister. It’s always nice to receive things and know someone has thought of you but I adore seeing people’s faces when they open a gift and you know you have got it spot on.

To mince pie or not to?
…I have never eaten a mince pie

What's your traditional sunday lunch?
Turkey, roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, sprouts, carrots, stuffing, gravy. And there’s always cake for dessert.

Christmas day fashion
Everyone stays in pyjamas. No need to try and be fancy with us. This year we have the addition of ridiculous Christmas jumpers!

What's your favourite Christmas song?
Fairytale of New York by The Pogues. Last Christmas by Wham makes it quite high on the list thanks to my mum. And I always have Michael Buble’s Christmas album playing.

What's your favourite Christmas film?
Love Actually! It just makes me feel all the feels. I cry, I laugh, I despise Alan Rickman. What is there not to love about that film? But I also love Elf. Any Christmas film really because it just makes you feel all warm inside.

Open presents before or after lunch?

Who waits until after lunch? In our house we end up opening them around 4AM. Dad is the biggest child and will wake us all up to open them much to mum’s despair. When we head over to nan’s and wait for all the family to congregate so it’s about 11 or 12 o’clock before we open the rest.



No comments: